Welcome, welcome, welcome. And an additional warm welcome to Both Sides of My Table. Intertwined within this website you will discover me playing boardgames at both sides of the gaming table. The MENU above, with its GREEN/BLUE pop-down menu, should help you navigate to all areas of my solitary venture into all things board-gamey…especially focusing on solitaire variants of multiplayer games but also peeking at solitaire and co-operative games alike.
Disclaimer: All my reviews are unpaid and as a result of extensive gameplay, I post my thoughts here. Most games are from my own collection and as such (due to my rigorous research) will predominantly be good soloable games. I have, on occasion, been Generously presented with a copy of a game to review but this by no means influences my opinion when reviewing. It is my philosophy to be honest and share how I think a game play is suited for us, the soloist. I try to be constructive when I do find elements I feel could be improved for the solo players
(key to the site’s numbering system #1… =solo variant of multi-player games, #1cs… =solo variant of a cooperative game, #1solo… =purpose designed solitaire games, #gkb… =A Guest Knows Best- guest contributors)
A member of the Board Game Exposure Collective…
Go forth merry gamers and enjoy.
- Be sure to wander over to the other areas of BSoMT where all things boardgamey and soloist are subject to many ramblings and such like on the solitaire variants of multiplayer game page link: Multi-player Boardgames For The Soloist
Gloom of Kilforth, Tau Ceti, Liberty or Death, Tuscany, Labyrinth Awakening, The Exiled:Siege, Runebound 3rd ed Unbreakable Bonds, The Witcher, Mage Knight, Rise to Nobility, Donning the Purple, Barbarians The Invasion, Niña & Pinta, Darien Apocalypse
- …if it is Solitaire Games with cunning AI’s that you are looking for, Bots definately make for challenging opponent type artificial intelligence link: Bots & Wotnots
Tau Ceti, Liberty or Death, Labyrinth Awakening, No Retreat Russian Front, 21 Days
- Or just glance at co-operative games that have their own special brand of solitairianism page link: Cooperatively Solitaire
21 Days, The Dwarves:The Saga, By Order of the Queen, Dead of Winter, Legends of Andor, Hexplore It, Palm Island, The City of Kings, Village Attacks, Perdition’s Mouth, Black Opera
- Or perhaps your ears need that boardgame experience in the form of a podcast or two page link: Boardgames For The Ears
- and further reading with selected blogs and review sites link: Solo You Need To Know (Solo Gaming Links)
- …or maybe you just want to skulk about in the area of BSoMT dedicated to solely solo games…I will not judge page link: Solely Solo
Patton’s Best, Crete ‘41 Operation Mercury, Nemo’s War, Robinson Crusoe The Cursed Island, Agricola Master of Britain, A4 Quest, Charlemagne Master of Europe, Argonauts, Unbroken, Black Sonata Fields of Fire
- …there is a pokey little corner of BSoMT where I have started stuffing guests from the boardgaming world…keeping them against their will untill they write down their views and opinions of solitaire board-gaming A Guest Knows Best page link: A Guest Knows Best
Tristan Hall, Jamey Stegmaier, Beyond Solitaire, CatWeazle, Tom Russell, Ricky Royal, Shiny Happy Meeples, Solomode Games, The Player’s Aid, Mark Chaplin, Aigar Aleveer, Janice Turner
- …an interesting section in its infancy at the moment, that will surely be growing rapidly, is the compulsary donning of tin helmets to pursue all things Solo in a Wargames fashion looking beyond the soloist having to play both sides of a table: War For One & One for War!
The Huntersm German U-Boats at War, Pocket Landships, Until The Bitter End, Charlemagne Master of Europe, Agricola Master of Britain, Patton’s Best, Crete ‘41, COIN Tribe’s Revolt
- …the latest addition to BSoMT is a small section of the site that takes a closer look at playtest sessions of up & coming games and a variety of prototype boardgames for one: A Single Portion of Playtests and Prototypes
Palm Island, Donning the Purple, Assembly, UNBROKEN, Gandhi, Dwarven Traders, Atraxis Station, Dual Powers:Revolution 1917, The COIN Tribes’ Revolt, Plaincrafters, Chai, Abandons, Black sonata, Ironclad
- Ever wondered what games to pack to take on holiday? Are boardgames to bulky and cumbersom for a budding soloist to take camping? Ever wondered what trees think of at night? All these questions and more will be answered in this section of BSoMT
- ..a personal and relatively small feature recently added to the site, reports on BSoMT’s visits to boardgame conventions from a solo gamer’s perspective: It’s A Solo Con
UKGE 2018, NEC Birmingham page link: of Stress and Press (UKGE 2018)
Live Playthrough of Lifeforms: Travelling Man, Manchester. Page link: ..of a Travelling Man and a LIFEFORM Plan
There is a BSoMT guild over on BGG where all the latest items for Both Sides of My Table will be announced as well as an opportunity to contribute to solo game variant discussion threads. Feel free to take a look and subscribe to keep up to date with the latest news https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/3248
…and now there a BSoMT group on face book where all are welcome to join in the chat, sharing and discussing of all things boardgamey in a soloish fashion (and more besides) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1796626697310269/
If you would like to help support the BSoMT website, please feel free to buy me a coffee at
or pop over to https://www.patreon.com/bothsidesofmytable
A ginormous thanks in advance!
Just as an aside, I must point out that I am regularly adding to, spotting rediculously obvious errors or updating articles with axtra content so it is always worth popping back and revisiting articles that have toyed with your curiosity