Welcome, welcome, welcome. And an additional warm welcome to Both Sides of My Table. Intertwined within this website you will discover me playing boardgames at both sides of the gaming table. The MENU above, with its GREEN/BLUE pop-down menu, should help you navigate to all areas of my solitary venture into all things board-gamey…especially focusing on solitaire variants of multiplayer games but also peeking at solitaire and co-operative games alike.
(key to the numbering system #1… =solo variant of multi-player games, #1cs… =solo variant of a cooperative game, #1solo… =purpose designed solitaire games, #gkb… =A Guest Knows Best- guest contributors)
Go forth merry gamers and enjoy.
- Be sure to wander over to the other areas of BSoMT where all things boardgamey and soloist are subject to many ramblings and such like on solitaire variants of multiplayer game page link: Multi-player Boardgames For The Soloist
Gloom of Kilforth, Tau Ceti, Liberty or Death, Tuscany, Labyrinth Awakening, The Exiled:Siege, Runebound 3rd ed Unbreakable Bonds, The Witcher, Mage Knight, Rise to Nobility, Donning the Purple, Barbarians The Invasion
- Or Solitaire Bots that make for challenging opponent type artificial intelligence page link: Bots & Wotnots
Tau Ceti, Liberty or Death, Labyrinth Awakening, No Retreat Russian Front, 21 Days
- Or just glance at co-operative games that have their own special brand of solitairianism page link: Cooperatively Solitaire
21 Days, The Dwarves:The Saga, By Order of the Queen, Dead of Winter, Legends of Andor, Hexplore It, Palm Island, The City of Kings
- Or perhaps your ears need that boardgame experience in the form of a podcast or two page link: Boardgames For The Ears
- …or maybe you just want to skulk about in the area of BSoMT dedicated to solely solo games…I will not judge page link: Solely Solo
Patton’s Best, Crete ‘41 Operation Mercury, Nemo’s War, Robinson Crusoe The Cursed Island, Agricola Master of Britain, A4 Quest, Charlemagne Master of Europe, Argonauts, Unbroken
- an all new pokey little corner of BSoMT is where I have started stuffing guests from the boardgaming world…keeping them against their will untill they write down their views and opinions of solitaire board-gaming A Guest Knows Best page link: A Guest Knows Best
Tristan Hall, Jamey Stegmaier, Beyond Solitaire, CatWeazle, Tom Russell, Ricky Royal, Shiny Happy Meeples, Solomode Games, The Player’s Aid, Mark Chaplin
- A new section that will be surely growing rapidly is the compulsary donning of tin helmets to persue all things Solo in a Wargames fashion looking beyond the soloist having to play both sides of a table: War For One & One for War!
- The latest addition to BSoMT is a small section of the site that takes a closer look at playtest sessions of up & coming games and a variety of prototype boardgames for one: A Single Portion of Playtests and Prototypes
Palm Island, Donning the Purple, Assembly, UNBROKEN, Gandhi, Dwarven Traders, Atraxis Station, Dual Powers:Revolution 1917, The COIN Tribes’ Revolt
- A small feature that reports on BSoMT’s visits to boardgame conventions from a solo gamer’s perspective: It’s A Solo Con!
- First up in this section is Airecon 2018 from Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK. page link: …of Aire’s and Graces
- Here is a link to what games you can expect turning up on both sides of my table this year...link to page: Coming up next in 2018 on BSoMT
- …and there are some brand new titles expected to turn up in the next few months. Here is the link to find out what will be shiney and new on the table link to page: Brand New KS Titles For BSoMT 2018
There is a BSoMT guild over on BGG where all the latest items for Both Sides of My Table will be announced as well as an opportunity to contribute to solo game variant discussion threads. Feel free to take a look and subscribe to keep up to date with the latest news https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/3248
…and now there a BSoMT group on face book where all are welcome to join in the chat, sharing and discussing of all things boardgamey in a soloish fashion (and more besides) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1796626697310269/
If you would like to help support the BSoMT website, please feel free to buy me a coffee at
or pop over to https://www.patreon.com/bothsidesofmytable
A ginormous thanks in advance!
Just as an aside, I must point out that I am regularly adding to, spotting rediculously obvious errors or updating articles with axtra content so it is always worth popping back and revisiting articles that have toyed with your curiosity